- DISTRICT PROFILE
- NEWS & EVENTS
- CONTACT US
Highlights of food security situation of Bajhang (July 16 – November 15, 2013)
All (47) VDCs of the district are Minimally Food Insecure (phase I).
· Income from sale of Yarshagumba worth 65 crore 31 lakhs 20 thousands rupees and 46 lakhs 56 thousands rupees income through vegetable sale.
· Sufficient household food stock for >4 months due to normal harvest of paddy and maize respectively with in increment of 15% of paddy but 6% decreased of Maize.
· HHs level food stock sufficient for 4 months.
· Summer crops are completely harvested.
· Rice purchased from local market due to good purchasing capacity.
Food Access (Physical and Economic)
· Market stock sufficient for 1-2 months.
· Local markets: Bithad, Suwalekh, Deulekh, Sunkuda, Bagthala, Bijgada, Deura, Jhota, Moribagar, Bhade, Tamail, Simkhet and Chainpur (Linked with terai market Dhangadhi)
· Market price of main food items increased by 10-15% compare to last year.
· Main food items Rice, wheat flour, potato, pulse, mustard oil, soybean oil and chicken meat.
· Wage opportunity: Agriculture and development works.
· 16 VDCs declared ODF out of total 47.
· 76% HHs accessing safe drinking water.